*This article was originally published on BostonHerald.com.
By BETSY McCAUGHEY
Ronald Hale went to the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Canada last month with a lung problem, but instead of being helped, he was killed by the superbug carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae. The germ, which had been brought into the hospital by a female patient initially treated outside Canada, put him into septic shock and caused organ failure. He died hours later. And as health officials vowed to stop CRE from gaining a foothold, Hale’s death made headlines.
Canadians can look south to…